Saturday, May 15, 2010

So much action...

...and so little time to talk about it! Since my recent career change, I don't have as much free time for blogging. That will change eventually, but right now I'm not in front of my home computer nearly as much during the week.
 Yes, I was in front of the screen on Black Thursday. The volatility was truly astounding. I had around 300 pips in profit on the EUR/CAD short, which got wiped out in about 30 minutes. At one point during the wild ride, my equity was all the way back to $130... and the gains were nearly all given back. That is a hard thing to watch, but it is not unusual at all in the markets other than the fact that it happened in the space of a few hours.
 Sarkozy, that little French runt, seems to have been run over by we 'evil speculators' this week... and nothing could please me more! Of course, like all good people I despise all politicians everywhere... but when these jackals make comments specifically directed at us currency traders... I definitely bring the hate.
 It was quite a while before we got any trades this week, because the ranges were so blown-out wide. Consequently several of the position sizes are quite small. Even so, the open trades are all looking pretty good, and I should be booking some nice profits on Monday morning if nothing too dramatic happens over the weekend. (...too dramatic in the wrong direction, I should say.)

Current account equity: $119.99

No comments:

Post a Comment