Friday, January 22, 2010

And thus, the Word was made cash!

Welcome! This blog will track my trading results using the two trading systems I learned from the great Joel Rensink of the InfiniteYield Forex Challenge. In his Challenge account, he trades 5 forex pairs on two trading systems, and he holds a core position in Silver. I will be trading the same two systems, and the same five pairs, EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/CHF, USD/JPY, and GBP/JPY. I will also be adding AUD/USD and EUR/CAD, therefore my results will differ from Joel's. I am not sure yet whether I will be adding any Silver. I would like to if we get some lower prices, especially if we can get back into single digits. That, however, may be wishful thinking considering the current monetary environment.
 I have started an account at my broker OANDA for this trading campaign, into which I have deposited the princely sum of $200.00. I will begin trading on Moday morning 1/25/2010 at 1am Eastern, using the First Strike Plus volatility breakout strategy, risking 5% of available equity per trade. I'll also be using the OneNightStand breakout strategy over the weekends risking 2.5% of available equity per trade. Rulesets for both strategies are available at InfiniteYield Forex Challenge.
 Publishing results may become challenging, but I will figure it out as we go. Psychologically dealing with the equity swings will be a far greater challenge, but I am up for it!

Current account equity: $200.01

1 comment:

  1. Hello...my name is Rob King. Are you still trading Joel's systems? Please email at: robking.king@gmail.com

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete